2005 Eye Street, Suite 4-110
Bakersfield, CA 93301
For inquiries, events, speaking engagements, and discounted copies for groups and educational institutions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Title: Landing Your First Publication
- Subtitle: The Writing Prompts + Publication Strategy for Writers Who Refuse to Rely on Luck
- Author: Mandy Wallace
- Publisher: Hypist
- Date of Publication: 1 July 2019
- Retail Price: $16.99 USD
- ISBN-13: 978-0-578-49396-1
- Pages: 258
This practical, stripped-down approach to writing and publishing short stories includes only what you need to hurdle past writers block, beat advice overwhelm, and just get started. Find out the right psychological approach that gets “luck” working for your publication goals instead of against them. The writing prompts (more than a year’s worth) come in eight journal-style page layouts. In-book and downloadable tools include a submissions tracker, cover letter worksheet and template, muse pages, and where to submit stories.
Screw Luck. Getting Published Is All About Strategy.
As a writer, striving for publication can feel like playing a lottery that few people win. Yet, countless authors have followed a simple path to publication—using a strategy that forced luck to work for them instead of against them.
This practical, stripped-down publication roadmap covers only the essentials you need to overcome the fear of rejection all writers face, finally beat advice overwhelm, and just get started. Inside this book:
- The right psychological approach to render luck powerless + boost your writing productivity.
- Inspiration to keep your writing + motivation on track.
- Where to submit stories and how to find the reputable publications you haven’t heard of yet.
- Cover letter worksheet + template to remove the guesswork from what to say when you pitch your story.
- Writing prompts to inspire more than a year’s worth of story ideas.
- Submissions tracker to maximize your chances of getting published each time you hit submit.
No more wondering if you have what it takes to be a writer. With this proven publication strategy, finally seeing your name in print is just around the corner.
Mandy Wallace is a writer, blogger, and mentor to new writers. She shares writing tips, resources, and industry interviews with the 20k monthly readers in her online community at Write or Die (mandywallace.com), named one of the 100 Best Websites for Writers.
Mandy Wallace is a freelance writer, blogger, and mentor to new writers. Her mentorship program, Blog Your Way to a Writing Career, takes new writers from unknown to published. Through Blog Your Way to a Writing Career, Mandy teaches her students how to write for an online audience and how to use simple marketing techniques to build a readership for themselves online. (One of her students just landed a seven-figure book and movie deal.)
Her writing community at mandywallace.com has been featured as one of The Write Life’s 100 Best Websites for Writers three years running. It’s where she shares writing tips, resources, product reviews, and industry interviews for 20k+ monthly readers.
Occasionally, she’ll dust off her honors BA in English Lit for bios like this one.
She says writing success is about skills more than talent, tenacity more than luck, and habit more than willpower.
It’s this simple but powerful outlook that encourages the new writers in her classes and online community to keep writing and keep getting published.