Choose a Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
- Which dishes mean Thanksgiving to you? Where did the recipes come from?
- What is your best and worst Thanksgiving memory?
- What traditions do you and your family have around Thanksgiving?
- Write out five things you’re grateful for. Why do they matter to you?
- How have your Thanksgiving traditions evolved over the years?
Write for fifteen minutes in response to one of the above prompts. Afterward, consider your entry.
Can you make a story out of what you wrote? Or think about your main character in your current work-in-progress. How would s/he respond to these prompts? Use what you learn in your story.
Someone you know would love to read this article. Be a bro and send it to them.
Decided to keep it all to yourself? That’s okay. I won’t tell. But get your writing tips on steady drip, and be the first to know when the next article goes live. Just slap your favorite email into the footer below.
Psst: You’ll get The Character Most Writers Get Wrong (And How To Fix It) character design guide free.