Hey, writer. Guess what happened this time last year?
Cue the fanfare! Dun-dah-dah!
I wrote the very first article for what became the blog reboot at mandywallace.com. And I want to give you a gift to celebrate my one year bloggiversary.
Oh, you already guessed this was my blog’s anniversary from the title, huh? Okay, you’re too smart for guessing games.
It also inaugurated the breakneck race I embraced to write three value-packed posts for writers here each week.
Eventually I wound down to a once weekly blog posting schedule. And that still led to over 100 posts since that wonderful day. In fact, you’re reading post #119 right now. What? 119 posts in a year! Whew, I need a nap.
- 5 interviews
- 22 sleepless nights
- 9 exhausted sob sessions
- 1800 subscribers
- 5 giveaways
- 253k unique visitors
- 121 writing prompts
- 404k pageviews
- and one happy writer with an even better year to come!
Thanks so much for being with me on this journey.
I’ll share some of the most popular posts with you in a minute. But first, you should know what you can win during this one year bloggiversary celebration. Ready?
To celebrate my one year bloggiversary, I’m giving away a copy of Blog Inc, a book that covers how to blog for passion, profit, and to create a community.
Want to win it? Tell me this in the comments: what is the greatest thing about writing you’ve learned here at mandywallace.com? It can be a piece of inspiration, a writing tip, or anything else.
I’ll choose the winner at random on September 7th, and the best comments could be featured on the blog.
I’m So Glad We Found Each Other
It’s been a great ride of writing this year for you and me. We’ve learned a lot together. And above all, we’re writing. Thanks for being here. And here’s to another year of writing tips, inspiration, and writing support for both of us.
I’m gonna duck out of here before I get all gushy. So here are some of the most popular posts and a few of my favorites too.
- The Character Most Writers Get Wrong (And How to Fix It) @ 27k shares
- How a Broke College Student Saw Europe @ 40k shares (great for travel writers)
- 7 Unreliable Narrators to Twist Your Next Plot @ 11k shares
- Romancing the Spy writing prompt @ 10k shares
- Too Scared to Write? The One-Two Punch Approach That Finally Got Me Writing @ 8k shares
A Few of My Favorites
- What I Would Say to Hemingway
- Writers: The One Thing No One Can Ever Take From You
- When Your Apartment Floods, You Find Out What You Really Care About
- What I Wish I Could Say Now That You’re Dead
- 7 Ways to Write When You Feel Like Quitting
- Are You Really a Writer? Find Out for Sure with the Charles Bukowski Method
- The Jennifer Lawrence Effect: Become a Better Blogger through Online Transparency
- How Not To Write: The Style Mistake Most Bloggers Make
- Writers: Do You Believe These 5 Big Lies of Blogging?
- Why Readers Ditch Bloggers They Love (And What Bloggers Can Do about It)
Thanks again and good luck winning! Don’t forget to comment for your chance to win Blog Inc.
edit: Contest now closed. Congratulations to winner, Vivienne Chase!