Chance to win a hardcover journal from Quotable Journals below.
There’s no better way to clear the cobwebs from your writer brain. Whether you’re stalled out, stopped up, or just need to cleanse your palate—I’ve got you covered. Here’s 25 journal writing prompts to get you writing.
25 Journal Prompts to Get You Writing
- What is the biggest barrier between you and full honesty in your journalling?
- What would you do with $10 million?
- What are the three strangest or most inappropriate sex dreams you’ve ever had?
- What scares you the most about dying?
- If you could start your life over, what three things would you change?
- Write a letter to your 5-year-old self.
- A time traveller offers to kidnap your child self so you can raise him/her. Do you do it?
- “Tomorrow will be better because today I learned…”
- “If I could change one thing about the world, it would be…”
- “The thing I’d be most ashamed for someone to know about me is…”
- “The thing I do most often when I’m supposed to be doing something else is…”
- What are the top five skills you wish you had? Why?
- “I wish I knew these three things for sure.”
- “I am most grateful for…”
- Which book most influenced your life?
- “If I had the courage, I would…”
- Write a letter to a fictional character.
- What are you wearing right now, and why are you wearing it?
- When you picture God, what does s/he look like?
- What is your MBTI personality? And what do you love/hate about it?
- Write a journal entry about something that didn’t happen.
- “I’ve always wondered…”
- What is your favorite hot drink, and how do you make it?
- What is the one thing you wish others understood about you?
- If you knew s/he had to answer honestly, what would you ask?
Win This Hardcover Journal
You might tell me which prompt got you writing, a little about your journalling practice, or share a tip for other journal writers here.
Next, keep up your writing momentum with 58 Science Fiction Writing Prompts. Or check out my answer to prompt #23: The Worst Ginger Tea Recipe You’ll Ever Read (But The Taste Is Worth It)